One time my parents went out of town over night, and the three of us had a sleep over at Brad and Shawna's. We ate pizza and watched Jaws. I can remember Brad rewinding one part over and over-the part where Brody tells this one dude that it was a massive shark killing the swimmers and the guy goes, "A Whaaat?" He says it in a real high-pitched voice and I laugh when thinking about how many times Brad rewound that part. Shawna told Brad it was ridiculous and to stop rewinding it. I have so many fond memories of Brad and Shawna together. At the time, Brad was working for a frozen pizza company or something so those were the pizzas we were eating. Shawna said she wanted the good stuff and made Brad order a pizza from Brick Oven. When the Brick Oven pizza finally arrived Shawna was ready for bed and told Brad to stick it in the fridge for the next day. Brad just smiled.
Shawna had a massive coronary on Thursday and has been in a coma since then. They found out today that she has lost a lot of brain activity; it is only a matter of time before they turn off life support. Shawna was so full of life, it's hard to see her in the hospital hooked up to a million different tubes and a respirator. I like to think of Shawna in her shorts and hat walking her dogs around the neighborhood. I like to think of Shawna driving around in her convertible; we all had turns driving it when Brad and Shawna first got it (I think we were all under 16 at the time). When I think of Shawna, I'm going to think of her laughing and full of energy.
I am so heartbroken to lose her. I am heartbroken for Brad and their family. Everyone loves Shawna so much. We are blessed to have had her in our lives, and we are going to miss her a lot. The Lord sustains us in our trials, I know He will take care of Brad and the loved ones Shawna leaves behind. I am grateful that this is not the end, that we can see Shawna again.
OH sweetie! I am so sorry! She sounds amazing you will be in my prayers!!
ReplyDelete